Last Modified: November 17, 2017
This agreement remains in full force and effect while you use the Website and/or the Company’s services. All provisions of the Terms shall survive termination by either party, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
The Website is intended only for access and use by individuals at least eighteen (18) years old. If you are not at least eighteen (18) years old, you are prohibited from both the access and usage of the Website.
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. Your continued use of the Website or our services following the posting of revised Terms means you accept and agree to the changes.
Website and Additional Terms
The Website contains Provider profiles and postings, review pages, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, sublicensable, royalty-free license to sublicense, use, reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties and/or exploit in any manner any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
- All of your User Contributions do and will comply with the Terms.
- Neither the User Contributions nor your submission, uploading, publishing, or otherwise making available of such User Contributions, nor the Company’s use of the User Contributions as permitted herein, will infringe, misappropriate, or violate a third party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- You will not provide User Contributions that are defamatory, libelous, hateful, violent, obscene, pornographic, unlawful, or otherwise offensive, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, whether or not such material may be protected by law.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
The Company does not confirm the identity of each user. It is very important to take the same precautions online as you would offline. The Company has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the Website, including all forms of communication, to determine compliance with these Terms and any operating rules established by the Company and to satisfy any law, regulation, or authorized government request. The Company shall have the right to edit, refuse to post, remove any posts, or delete any material that the Company, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable.
THE COMPANY CANNOT MONITOR OR ASSIST IN THE EVENT THAT ANY USER ENCOUNTERS A SITUATION THAT IS, OR APPEARS TO BE, UNSAFE, ILLEGAL, SUSPICIOUS, OR HAS THE POTENTIAL TO HARM OTHERS. IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE OR HAVE AN EMERGENCY SITUATION WHILE PARTICIPATING IN, HOSTING, OR OTHERWISE CONNECTED TO A VOLUNTEER PLACEMENT FOUND ON THE WEBSITE, CONTACT LOCAL EMERGENCY SERVICES IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT EVER CONTACT THE COMPANY IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION.
IT IS EACH USER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO REPORT ANY ILLEGAL, HARMFUL OR IMPROPER BEHAVIOR TO THE NECESSARY AUTHORITIES, IN ADDITION TO CONTACTING THE COMPANY AT INFO@ABROADLY.COM WHEN ANY DANGER HAS PASSED. UPON NOTICE OF A SPECIFIC USER'S INVOLVEMENT IN ANY ACTIVITY THAT COULD BRING HARM TO OTHERS OR IS ILLEGAL, THE COMPANY WILL USE ITS DISCRETION TO REMOVE THE USER FROM FUTURE USE OF THE WEBSITE. WHILE THE COMPANY WILL ENDEAVOR TO KEEP ITS USERS SAFE, THE COMPANY IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM, RISK, OR ILLEGAL MATTERS THAT USERS MAY ENCOUNTER, EVEN IF THE COMPANY KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH HARM, RISK, OR ILLEGAL MATTERS.
Accessing the Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
You are solely liable for all the taxes, fees, and commissions resulting from use of the Website. The Terms do not create a joint venture, partnership, or principal-agent relationship between you and the Company, or any other users, and nothing in these Terms may be used to imply such a relationship. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Company harmless from any liability for, or assessment of, any claims or penalties with respect to such taxes, labor, or employment requirements, including any liability for, or assessment of taxes imposed on the Company by the relevant taxing authorities with respect to any fees paid to you as the result of using the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms permit you to use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only, subject to the following restrictions:
- You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on the Website, except as it is created and owned by you.
- You must not delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
- No right, title, or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company.
The Company name and logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans, are the property of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. If you believe that any copyrighted material owned by you has been infringed upon by someone using the Website, you may request removal of those materials from the Website by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your name.
- The name and description of the work that is being infringed.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If you fail to comply with all of these requirements, your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Additionally, if you knowingly misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information without parental consent, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity.
- In any way that infringes upon the rights of others, or in any way is illegal, threatening, fraudulent, or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm or offend the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Take any action that may damage or falsify the Company or Website rating.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Contribution violates the Terms, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Website or the public, or could create liability for the Company.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of the Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Reliance on Information Posted
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Users Outside the U.S.
The Website is controlled and operated from the United States and is subject to its laws. If you choose to access the Website outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO THE COMPANY FOR THE APPLICABLE SERVICES IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of the Terms or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, your User Contributions, any use of the Website’s content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in the Term, or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
All matters relating to the Website and the Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provisions or rules.
At the Company’s sole discretion, it may require you to submit any disputes arising from the use of the Terms or the Website, including disputes arising from or concerning their interpretation, violation, invalidity, non-performance, or termination, to final and binding arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association applying California law.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by the Company of any term or condition set forth in the Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of the Company to assert a right or provision under the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of the Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
Your Comments and Concerns
The Website is operated by Volunteer Forever, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com